To get the best out of your HVAC unit, you need to maintain and take care of it properly. But even after taking care of the problem, your unit still has chances to break down or develop complications that need expensive repairs.
Repairs can be very expensive but don’t worry. There are many ways to save money on HVAC repairs. Here are 6 tips you can use to save money.
- Regular DIY maintenance
- Clean the surroundings for any dust, debris, and grass.
- Protect the exterior of the unit from weather problems and lightning. Lightning can be very dangerous for the unit and your family. So ask your contractor for surge protection or breakers to prevent blown circuits.
- Clean the overflow/drip pans regularly.
- Switch to a programmable thermostat if you have a mercury-based thermostat and calibrate it annually
- Professional maintenance services
The best money-saving tips are usually all related to regular maintenance. The best way to save money on huge repairs in the future is to make sure there is less need for repairs. Schedule regular preventive maintenance checks by professional technicians to ensure there are no major issues.
For scheduling regular AC maintenance services, you can look for HVAC repair in Redding, CA.
- Furnace and heating system maintenance
Clean the furnace and other components of the system, contact HVAC repair in Redding, CA, or do it yourself. You can check the manual that came with the system. Test the systems control and clean and inspect the air ducts and vents for potential leaks.
- Inspect the thermostat and condenser
- Test your thermostat for proper functioning
- After a long summer or after continuous usage, the unit’s condenser and evaporator coils need to be properly cleaned. Therefore clean them properly and use a gentle stream of water for the same.
- Inspect the condensate drain/plates.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Extra care during Winter
Winter is when the HVAC unit is most needed, but it is also the time with many breakdowns. Hence proper care and maintenance are needed to prevent major winter problems. Preventive maintenance for Winter includes.
- Weekly changing of filters.
- Seal leaks in air ducts and vents. Otherwise, cold air can enter the house, and the heating unit would have to work extra hard, expending more energy than necessary.
- Check the weather stripping of your doors and windows.
- Install a programmable thermostat to get the most out of the furnace.
- Duct sealing
Leaky ducts, while a minor inconvenience, can lead to much bigger problems. If prolonged, the issue can cause a complete breakdown that could lead to an AC unit replacement. Repairs for issues that start with leaks are expensive and time-consuming.
So contact HVAC repair in Redding CA, for technicians that can seal the leaks before it becomes a problem. Immediate repairs done within 24 hours can reduce expenditure, and they need less time.