Ventilation provides thermal management by supplying cold or warm air for adequate interior air quality. However, building ventilation is also supposed to help reduce the spread of contaminants while also providing occupant comfort.
What is the Relationship Between HVAC Systems and COVID-19?
- The simultaneous effects of the following characteristics, including HVAC system types, HVAC installation designs, and occupant locations, generate the airflow in enclosed spaces, the primary factor in airborne infectious disease transmission.
- According to experts working for HVAC repair and furnace services in Redding CA, a 1.5-meter separation is always adequate for partitioning and isolating without considering the HVAC system and installation layout.
- Smaller droplets can travel beyond 2 meters from their source and are heavily impacted by the room ventilation system and occupant activities.
How do we Equip HVAC in New Buildings to Prevent the Spreading of COVID-19?
- The majority of new buildings have balanced mechanical ventilation systems. Depending on the airflow, a ventilation system has a constant air volume (CAV) or a variable air volume (VAV).
- The ventilation systems should accurately control the indoor environment; otherwise, the target values for indoor temperature and carbon dioxide concentration may not be met.
- The ventilation system controls long-distance cross-infection threats. An infected person releases a specific amount of virus into the air, and the amount of fresh or filtered air in the room regulates the virus load.
- Depending on the disease kind, it is essential to keep the virus load below a given threshold, which is a crucial ventilation system needed during a pandemic.
Guidance by WHO
In the framework of COVID-19, the WHO guideline on ventilation and air-conditioning systems suggests that actions might be taken to improve ventilation and air conditioning in public spaces and buildings. If you are looking AC repair Redding CA then you can contact Air-O Service. We offer our services with proper skills and experience.
- If practical and safe, consider employing natural ventilation by opening windows.
- Increase the amount of outdoor air in mechanical systems by 100% by employing economizer modes of HVAC operations.
- For 2 hours before and after areas are filled, run the HVAC system at maximum outside airflow.
- If possible, increase the total airflow supply to occupied spaces.
Increased ventilation in well-ventilated rooms should be avoided because it can have negative consequences. HVAC systems should be modified to accommodate different work hours.
The systems should be turned on approximately 2 hours before starting work and remain operational for another 2 hours. Call Air-O Service at (530) 221-4691 or email us here for additional information on heating repair in Redding CA.