Heat Pump Servicing and Maintenance In Redding, Anderson, Cottonwood, CA And Surrounding Areas
A heat pump is a device that transfers useful energy from one place to another. If the working parts of your heating and cooling system are not maintained, you can end up suffering from high utility bills due to equipment failure or having to deal with uncomfortable temperatures in your home. Contact us today for acquiring Heat pump Servicing and Maintenance in Redding, Anderson, Cottonwood, CA.
That’s why homeowners need to ensure they have their heat pump systems inspected at least once a year by a qualified service technician.
Some common signs of a poorly maintained unit are higher monthly utility costs than normal, strange noises coming from the equipment, poor indoor air quality, and discomfort in the house.
If any of these problems are present, it’s time for you to contact Air-O Service today for heat pump servicing and maintenance in Redding, Anderson, Cottonwood, CA, and surrounding areas! Our qualified technicians will thoroughly inspect your heat pump system to ensure it is working properly, identify any issues that need to be addressed, and provide routine maintenance.
What’s included in heat pump maintenance?
- Cleaning The Condenser And Evaporator Coils: Debris buildup on the condenser and evaporator coils reduces airflow and lowers the efficiency of the unit, which causes higher heating and cooling costs for homeowners. These coils should also be blown out regularly with compressed air if they cannot be removed for cleaning. It is important to get heat pump servicing and maintenance at least once a year for optimal performance.
- Replacing Batteries In Thermostats: Heat pumps with programmable or digital thermostats should have their batteries replaced at least once a year.
- Changing Air Filters: This should be done at least every three months to ensure the heat pump system runs efficiently and to prevent dust buildup in the outdoor unit, which can lead to equipment failure. Regularly changing air filters will help keep the air quality in your home high.
- Replacing Indoor Fan Motor: If the fan in your heat pump isn’t working correctly, it can cause serious damage to the compressor, resulting in a costly repair. By having regular heat pump services and maintenance performed, you can avoid costly repairs and enjoy a comfortable home all year long!
- Checking Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels indicate inefficient and expensive cooling and heating, which is why this should be inspected by a qualified technician annually.
- Inspecting The Compressor: This is one of the most critical aspects of your heat pump maintenance because if the compressor fails, it will lead to expensive repair costs down the line and force you to find ways to keep cool during hot summers.
Additionally, our certified technicians will check electrical connections, tighten any loose valve caps, clean the outside of the casing, and remove any obstructions around the heat pump.
All of these tasks will help keep your heat pump running efficiently throughout the year. A well-maintained heat pump saves you money on your utility bills, ensures that it operates safely, and delivers more comfort in the winter months.